Hand Foot & Mouth Disease Pictures!

I apologize for the influx of HFMD posts.  I just really want to add to the little pool of info on adult HFMD.

DISCLAIMER: Below are rather graphic pictures of sores on my hands, feet, and face.  If you do not want to see them, don't scroll down.  You've been warned.

My HFMD Experience, Day By Day
HFMD FAQs

Anyways, here are the pics:

Reference Photo: Day 1, before sores. 

I just wanted to admire my manicure.  Oh if I had only known ...




Day Five Of Infection | Day Two Of Sores












 Day Six of Infection | Day Three of Sores



Those lines on my hands are as a result of the gloves I was wearing.










Day Seven of Infection | Day Four of Sores






You can see that some are beginning to crust over.





Day Eight of Infection | Day Five of Sores


If you look closely, you can see that my middle finger is beginning to peel.  The white spot is not a blister, rather it is from my top layer of skin peeling away from the lower layers of skin.  Those sores are beginning to heal.




Sorry for the thumb in the picture!!!


More crusty blisters.


These blisters are healed and not contagious (according to my doctor)

You can tell that the blisters are flattening out, though they look more red than they did before

You can see some of those blisters are healing as well.  

This one is blurry.  Sorry.  But you get the gist. More peeling blisters.

In case the previous blurry photo wasn't good enough.

Day Nine of Infection | Day Six of Sores


Redness is fading.  Peeling continues.







Day 12 of Infection | Day Nine of Sores

WARNING: THESE PICTURES SHOW PEELING SKIN.  IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THAT, TURN BACK NOW.

I'm mainly showing you these so I can share my misery with someone.  


Sores are healed.  Callouses and peeling remain.

That skin just cracked open.  I had to trim it off.






In the process of trimming!






I just needed to gross someone out with this.





You can't tell, but most of the skin on my toes is not attached to my actual toe.  It's kind of like having a rubber glove/sock on my foot.  








I'm trying to show you that two layers of skin are coming off.

 And that brings you up to date!


Comments

  1. Yes, you are right young children have the higher risk of getting hand, foot and mouth disease. Risk increases if they attend daycare or school, as viruses can spread quickly in these facilities. Using home remedies to cure hand, foot and mouth disease is one of the best ways. I think this is very effective way by which we can easily manage this condition. I have also found a website disease related this condition 2 days ago. They have mentioned some easy and homemade remedies to cure this disease and I think if your child is also suffering from this condition, you should visit this website to get more and unique ways to tackle this condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your fingernails peel off? I had a very severe case of hfm 6 weeks ago ( I'm 41) I went through the skin peeling stage then last week two fingernails and a thumb nail started peeling off from the cuticle toward the end of my finger. Two of them don't hurt but my middle finger nail just kills!! It feels like I slammed it in a door. There is very thin nail still underneath what's peeling off so it's not totally exposed nailbed but man does it hurt if it get hit or hot water touches it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the late response, but I hope this helps anyone who is reading this now!

      Yes my nails all peeled off, including my toenails. It didnt bother me as much because I get a biogel overlay on top of my natural nail, which protected the soft nail!

      Delete
  3. Hi, just wondering if the gloves actually helped or worsened? I heard rubber gloves can aggravate the condition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore regular winter gloves and it helped with the itching. I wouldnt recommend rubber gloves as the sweat buildup probably would increase your discomfort!

      Delete
  4. Hiya need help I have foot in month and I got it last week Wednesday I have twins to look after so I just want to know if and when this will go I have pictures if you want to see but just want this to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that happened! Unfortunately the experience can be worse for adults than it is for children. By this point you probably are no longer contagious, but experiencing skin/nails peeling, and scabs where the blisters used to be. Dont worry! This all clears up eventually, it just takes time.

      Delete
  5. Thank you times a million!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your blog. I was so scared and couldn't find any pictures that looked like mine till I found you. I have a 5 yr old and am a single mom. I didn't know if I should have called ambulance or what ( then wouldn't have no1 to look after son) but finding you is such a relief. Thank you for posting this ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts